Monday, February 16, 2009

New Date!

Well, we have our new date set. JUNE 26th! It's a Friday. We will be sealed in the Newport Beach Temple. I am so excited. Things are FINALLY falling into place. I guess the Lord needed to give us a little more time to work things out together. Before we were just so busy trying to do what was best for ourselves. We were both very worried about leaving our jobs and trying to find new ones in this trying economy. But, when we finally started thinking (and praying) about things as a couple and as a future family, our goals became much clearer and we got answers we previously weren't getting. Amazing how when you turn things over to the Lord in faith, He really does guide you. So, the new plan is that I am taking a 6 month leave from work and moving to Northern California after we are married. He will get his 20 years in October from Safeway and then we will return back to the South. We are also hoping to get full custody of his son this summer. His son really wants to be with us, so I think that will be good. His daughter, I doubt, will want to stay with us permanently, she and her mom are like two peas in a pod: a moral-less, ruleless pod. What teenage girl wants to give that up? *sigh* Then, he will work part-time and go back to school to finish his degree and I will go back to teaching. Then we can find him a better job, that he will be happier at, and he can resume taking care of the family so we can (fingers-crossed) start our own family. So, the wait still sucks, but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. =) Thanks for everyone's help and support!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Sounds like a good plan. I hope he gets custody of his son so that he can live with you guys and have a better chance of happiness. Clever thinking on the leave of absence from school. I wouldn't want to give up my job right now either, especially if your hubby will be back in school. Let me know about the shower.